New York law provides many formulae for what to do when a family or a couple divides or divorces, but what cannot be quantified or served by sterile formulas are the people involved. Those people are our clients. These deeply personal issues have significant legal, emotional, and financial impacts and effects upon the parties involved and any children that are directly or indirectly involved. When in these situations, you need help navigating a complex array of criminal, civil, and family law issues and it takes knowledge, experience, and know how to achieve fair results. These deeply personal issues are matters that only the most experienced attorneys should attend to, and at Thaler & Thaler we caution our clients to choose their attorney wisely. It matters.
Thaler & Thaler handles every aspect of family and matrimonial law, including:
- Separation, Legal Separations, and Separation Agreements
- Judicial Modification Proceedings
- Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Educational and Tuition Assistance Support
- Support Termination Cases
- Violation and Contempt Matters
- Orders of Protection
- Family Offense Proceedings
- PINS and JD Proceedings
- Spousal and Other Maintenance
- Modification and Termination of Alimony, Maintenance, or Support
- Property Division and Rights
- Marital Home and Use Rights and Disputes
- Debt Issues
- Pensions, Retirement Rights and QDROs
- Child Custody
- Child Visitation
- Guardianship Proceedings
- Relocation Cases
- Prenuptial and Antenuptial Agreements
- Enforcement Proceedings
- Retirement and Tax Planning and Impacts.
Thaler & Thaler provides support and management for all forms of litigation in the family and supreme courts that attend to this area of law throughout New York State.
As experienced family law attorneys we understand the stress of these issues, how uncertain things can become, the horror of what can happen to children, especially if they are treated like property or pawns in a game of war. We try to prepare you for this and use our experience, integrity, and personal service to help counsel, advise, and resolve your divorce and family law issues. Getting through this phase of your life efficiently and with an understanding of your rights and the law is our goal, whether through ensuring you understand the process, easing misgivings or misinformation about the processed, or finding creative solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
Thaler & Thaler’s principal family and matrimonial practitioner is Thomas D. Cramer, with primary assistance from Katrina Thaler Medeiros.